Is someone you know looking into further education after finishing school?
Most people think that having a qualification will guarantee them a job in their chosen occupation, but this is not the case. This can be for a number of reasons including:
- a lack of relevant work experience
- a lack of employability skills, such as communication and interpersonal skills
- not many job opportunities in your chosen occupation
Before committing to further education it’s important to think about whether:
- it's possible to get the job you want without doing further training
- it's possible to build the required skills on-the-job without formal training or through an apprenticeship or traineeship
- the skills developed through the training meet the needs of employers in this industry (e.g. subjects and training provider)
- training alone will give you the right skills to impress employers
If you or someone you know have decided to do further study, check out our article on tips on choosing an education provider - some are better than others when it comes to preparing students for the world of work!